Jalapeno Chips? Really?

This blog is really about jalapeno-flavored potato chips?
Why yes, this blog is really about jalapeno-flavored potato chips.

Why are you writing a blog about jalapeno chips?
Because I'm a sad, lonely person. OK, not really. I love jalapeno chips. If I had to pick one flavor of chip to eat foreverandeveramen, it would be of the jalapeno variety. I buy about one bag of jalapeno chips per week, which may not seem like a lot, but I'm really not a chip eater, so it is.

So ... what exactly is this all about?
Well, just what it sounds like. Each week, I'll eat a new kind of jalapeno potato chip and write a review of it, covering the following:
1) Taste & Flavoring - because that's what is really important.
2) Hotness factor - do you want the sting in your mouth to overwhelm the flavor? I don't.
3) Consistency - I like some crunchy potato-ness in my chip.
4) Value - chips shouldn't be expensive; an expensive chip is almost an oxymoron.
5) Overall - an average of all of the above.

What happens when you run out of chips?
I've pondered that question and at this point I do not have an answer. Other than also covering jalapeno-flavored corn chips (and they're out there - I've seen 'em), I may also take the occasional break to review jalapeno products, foods, and recipes.

Who are you?
I'm a technical analyst in desktop support for a school system in Texas. I have a wonderful eight year-old daughter (who is not fond of jalapeno chips) and a great husband (who is relatively ambivalent on the topic). I also have two gerbils (Cheeze and Crackerz) and a dwarf hamster (Chuck Norris). I'm working on my bachelor's degree and hope to finish it this year, taking only twice as long as the normal person takes to finish the same degree - go me! In my spare time, I sleep. And eat jalapeno chips.

Got any other questions? Email me.

No comments: