Miss Vickie's Hand-Picked Jalapeno All Natural Kettle Cooked Potato Chips


Cost: $2.49
Size: 5oz

So, Miss Vicki. You started making potato chips in Canada and are owned by the chip giant Frito Lay. Already, things are looking down for you. However, you're producing "all natural" kettle chips, and I really like kettle chips. Down here in these parts, we deep fry everything. In a kettle.

I was especially concerned when I opened the bag and spotted little green spots all over the chips. Really, do dried chives have anything to add to a jalapeno-flavored chip? I think not. But, surely, you can't be all bad - I see you all the time at Subway. In fact, I'm almost positive you have the only jalapeno chip available at Subway. How'd you corner that market?

The chip is nearly all after-bite with no flavor. Seriously. I put the nice, crunchy chip in my mouth, chew, wait for the flavor, swallow, wait for the flavor ... wait for the flavor... and .... I'm done with the chip and all that's left is the sting of jalapeno. What happened to the flavor? I DEMAND FLAVOR! What's up with that, Miss Vicki?

I blame the green spots. Heed my warning - little tiny green spots on jalapeno chips are a bad omen.

Taste & Flavoring-
Hotness-
Consistency-
Value-
_____________-_____
Overall-


You're probably looking at that wondering how it came out with an average of 2 peppers. First of all, you've got too much time on your hands if you're really doing all the number crunching. Second of all, Taste & Flavoring counts twice, because it's just that important. And third of all, it's my blog and I can fudge numbers.

No comments: